Referral Ophthalmic Nurse
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Referral Ophthalmic Nurse to join our friendly and supportive team here at Rowe Referrals!
Referral nurse to be responsible for surgical and medical support and all aspects of inpatient care within the Ophthalmology unit. Monitoring anaesthesia in theatre is a large part of the role and confidence to offer gold standard care for surgical patients essential.
Salary and Working hours
- A flexible working pattern will be considered as well as either full time or part time hours.
- To take part in the out of hours for surgical support in the evenings and weekends.
- Salary of up to £31,000 depending on experience.
Rowe Referrals is a multi-disciplinary referral hospital conveniently based on the M5 / M4 corridor with excellent transport links to Wales and the South West. We are looking for an experienced nurse to join our team of dedicated ophthalmology nurses. We pride ourselves in not only giving the best possible treatment and care to our patients and clients, but also in creating a supportive and encouraging working environment for our colleagues.
We are fully kitted out with the latest equipment including an Oertli OS4 phaco/VR machine, endolaser, high frequency ultrasound, ERG, cross-linking etc. Experience of Referral nursing and Ophthalmology is an advantage, along with high level Anaesthesia. However the most important thing to bring to the table is an enthusiastic, caring attitude with a desire to help our patients and be a team player.
About the Team and Culture
We currently have a team of 9 Ophthalmologists and a team of 6 Ophthalmic nurses, along with a dedicated team of care assistants and admin staff.
The ideal candidate will be at least 2 years qualified, and preferably have experience of working within a Referral setting. A relevant certificate or diploma would be an advantage. An interest in Ophthalmology and Anaesthesia is essential.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.