Do you have a passion for excellent customer service and enjoy working with animals? Rowe Veterinary Group are looking for a receptionist to join our small and friendly practice in Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire.
Rowe Vet Group are based in the South West with branches in Thornbury, Yate, Winterbourne and a 24 hour hospital in Bradley Stoke.
As a valued member of the reception team you will be the first point of contact for pets and their owners. The ideal candidate will be professional and efficient with a welcoming and sympathetic manner. In addition, they will have excellent customer service skills, proficient knowledge of IT, the ability to remain calm under pressure, as well as having a love of animals
- Greeting our clients and their pets in a professional and courteous manner
- Booking, cancelling and changing appointments
- Dealing with queries by phone, email and face to face promptly and professionally
- Advising clients on our preventative healthcare products and promoting Pet Healthcare Plans and pet insurance
- Dispensing medications/prescriptions
- Taking payments, cashing up and all other general admin and reception duties
- Minimum of 1 year office-based experience
- Good level of education (min 5 GCSE Grade C+) upwards
- Reliable with excellent time management skills
- Professional and caring telephone manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- High attention to detail
- Monday - 10.30 - 19.30
- Tuesday - 08.00 - 17.30
- Thursday 10.30- 19.30
- Friday 10.30 - 19.30
- Saturday or Sunday at Bradley Stoke (1 in every 4 weekends)
We also require:-
- flexibility for helping with holiday cover in the team as required.
- 1-2 Bank Holiday shifts per year (enhanced pay plus TOIL)
- Participation in back up rota of 3-4 weekend days (either Sat or Sun) per year
Starting at £10.42 per hour rising to £10.60 following successful completion of probationary period.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do.
In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Sick Pay
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch with Gem Bath - firstname.lastname@example.org